- Optimal design for grid-connected PV plants
- Provides tips aimed at system optimization
- Free download
- Includes comprehensive database of all available PV modules
- Use of high-resolution meteorological data
- Supports locations worldwide
- Automatic dimensioning of the cable lengths and cross sections
- Energy analysis over a period of one operating year
|Available languages||Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish|
|Supported operating systems||Windows 2000; Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7|
|Hardware (minimum requirements)|
|Processor||Intel Pentium 1 GHz|
|Main memory||1 GB RAM|
|Free hard disk space||100 MB|
|Resolution||1024 x 768 pixels|
|Color depth||256 colors|
|* with .Net Framework 4.0|
Changes in Version 2.30
- Central inverters with reactive power capability: The calculation of the minimum DC voltage dependent on the displacement power factor has been revised.
- When the line voltage changes, the minimum PV voltages are tested now.
- Improved consideration of DC currents with the yield forecast.
- New inverters: STP 5/6/7/8/9000TL, SC 500CP XT, SC 630CP XT, SC 800CP XT, SC 850CP XT, SC 900CP XT, SC 720CP XT, SC 760CP XT, SC 720CP XT (700 kVA / 315 V), SC 760CP XT (740 kVA / 333 V), SC 800CP XT (780 kVA / 351 V)
- Updated country approvals: SB 2100TL, SB 3000TL-21, SB 3600TL-21, SB 4000TL-21, SB 5000TL-21, SB 3/4/5000TL-20, SCxxxHE-11
- New product images of SB 1300TL-10, SB 1600TL-10, SB 2100TL
- New locations: Islamabad (Pakistan); Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
Changes in Version 2.21
- When displaying project documentation there is also a page on self-consumption available now.
- PV arrays can now have up to 500,000 modules.
- If the number of strings on one input exceeds the number of inverter connections, information to this effect is displayed in the overview.
- A minimum of 4 mm2 is now recommended for DC cable cross-sections in the cable dimensioning section.
- Improved design recommendations through optimized ranking in the profitability evaluation process.
- If there is no maximum unbalanced load stored for a location, the "Consider max. unbalanced load" check box is no longer pre-selected.
- When testing for too-low string voltages, only a yellow warning is displayed now if the minimum PV voltage is lower than the minimum MPP voltage of the inverter at grid nominal voltage.
- The yield calculation has been improved for PV arrays with tilt tracking.
- A problem when accessing no longer existing network drives during Sunny Design start-up has been resolved.
- New inverters: SC 500CP-US, SC 630CP-US, SC 720CP-US, SC 750CP-US, SC 800CP-US, SC 500CP-JP
- New locations: Esbjerg, Odense (Denmark)
- Improved meteorological data is now used for certain locations. As a result of this the energy yield prognosis and the calculated optimum nominal power ratio can differ from the previous version.
(Europe: Athens, Bologna, Bordeaux, Crete, Freiburg, Geneva, Koper, Leipzig/Halle, London, Marseille, Moscow, Murcia, Ostrava, Oviedo, Pamplona, Paris, Salonika, Seville, Timisoara, Tripoli, Valencia, Vienna.
Africa: Algiers, Central Africa.
Asia: Beersheba, Chandigarh, Chennai, Chiang Mai, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lhasa, Mumbai, Nagano, New Delhi, Riyadh, Singapore.
North America: Regina, Santo Domingo.
South America: Belém, Cayenne, Guayaquil.
Oceania: Port Moresby)
Changes in Version 2.20
- The Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG) 2012 taken into account for plant designs in Germany. Optional use of the 70% limiting.
- Generation of design proposals with several inverter types
- Automatic plant design
- Evaluation of design proposals according to yield or profitability
- Plant-specific calculation of the optimum nominal power ratio
- Central display with design information
- Possibility to compare design alternatives
- Augmented project documentation and plant overview
- Import of own load profiles and meteorological data
- Option of activating/deactivating information dialogs
- Advanced setting options
Changes in Version 2.11
- An error during the program start of Sunny Design (message "Input string was not in a correct format") has been corrected. This occurred under certain regional Windows settings.
- A layout problem in the project documentation has been corrected.
- The display of the information on VDE-AR-N 4105 has been improved.
- The unit of degradation has been corrected in the module information.
- During grid connection, switching from medium voltage to low voltage has been improved.
- The documentation is now available in all supported languages.
- 12 new locations in Japan, Australia and Oceania have been added.
Changes in Version 2.10
- Component for determining the possible self-consumption of PV energy for home owners and commercial consumers
- The German directive "Generating plants on the low-voltage grid" (VDE-AR-N 4105) is optionally taken into account when designing PV plants in Germany.
- New navigation bar
- Additional configuration options for the grid connection of the inverters, e.g. specified voltage tolerance and displacement power factor
- Extension of the design suggestions by print function and help dialog
- Project documentation with new layout and images of the inverters used
- New inverters:
- Sunny Boy 3300-11, Sunny Boy 3800-11,
- Sunny Boy 3000/4000/5000TL-21
- Sunny Mini Central 4600/5000/6000A-11
- Numerous new countries and locations
- Database update with new PV modules
Changes in version 2.01
- The maximum number of strings per inverter input was increased from 999 to 5,000
- In some languages the texts were modified in order to improve the layout of the application and project documentation
- Issuing the project documentation does now also work for projects with very long PV array names
- In the module data display the values are now shown correctly
- Several problems were solved when adding a new PV module
SUNNY DESIGN 2.30 - Komplettversion inklusive aller Standorte / complete package including all locations
Type: PC Software
Document number: SDesign_2-30_Internet
Version number: 2.30
SUNNY DESIGN - Simplified system design made easy
Type: Data sheet
Language: English (US)
Document number: SUNNYDESIGN-DUS122510
Version number: 1.0