- Optimal design for grid-connected PV plants
- Provides tips aimed at system optimization
- Free download
- Includes comprehensive database of all available PV modules
- Use of high-resolution meteorological data
- Supports locations worldwide
- Automatic dimensioning of the cable lengths and cross sections
- Energy analysis over a period of one operating year
|Available languages||Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish|
|Supported operating systems||Windows 2000; Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7|
|Hardware (minimum requirements)|
|Processor||Intel Pentium 1 GHz|
|Main memory||1 GB RAM|
|Free hard disk space||100 MB|
|Resolution||1024 x 768 pixels|
|Color depth||256 colors|
|* with .Net Framework 4.0|
Release Notes Sunny Design 3.10
- In Sunny Design there are now three different project types available which are individually tailored to specific requirements: PV system without self-consumption, PV system with self-consumption, and PV hybrid system. These projects are identified in the overviews by corresponding symbols.
- In the project data it is now possible to enter active power limitation specifications manually within a wide setting range.
- In projects with self-consumption, the Sunny Home Manager can be used to limit active power, e.g., for implementation of the 70% cap in accordance with the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG). This is also taken into account in the yield forecast.
- Also for projects with self-consumption, a new planning stage has been introduced under the heading "Define load profile". This provides not only a chart of average daily profiles, but also an editor for creating individual load profiles.
- The design now takes into account the requirements of country-specific standards in Belgium (RGIE), Australia (AS/NZS 5033) and Italy (CEI-021).
- The new section "Planning of PV system monitoring" provides the possibility of integrating communication products (hardware and software) for system monitoring, system management and visualization of key system data in the PV system. This new function also offers design options based on the specific requirements for PV system monitoring.
- The sizing of AC cabling now also supports split-phase grids.
- Project documentation for design alternatives can now be created quickly and easily.
- The dialog for creating your own PV modules has been optimized. All mandatory specifications have been condensed in one list to facilitate their entry.
- Missing PV module data can now be transmitted by e-mail via a link on the homepage.
- The user interface and the documentation are now also available in Japanese.
- The new version has been prepared for inverters with integrated battery. Their properties will in future be taken into account for design, yield simulation and self-consumption forecasting.
Changes in Version 2.30
- Central inverters with reactive power capability: The calculation of the minimum DC voltage dependent on the displacement power factor has been revised.
- When the line voltage changes, the minimum PV voltages are tested now.
- Improved consideration of DC currents with the yield forecast.
- New inverters: STP 5/6/7/8/9000TL, SC 500CP XT, SC 630CP XT, SC 800CP XT, SC 850CP XT, SC 900CP XT, SC 720CP XT, SC 760CP XT, SC 720CP XT (700 kVA / 315 V), SC 760CP XT (740 kVA / 333 V), SC 800CP XT (780 kVA / 351 V)
- Updated country approvals: SB 2100TL, SB 3000TL-21, SB 3600TL-21, SB 4000TL-21, SB 5000TL-21, SB 3/4/5000TL-20, SCxxxHE-11
- New product images of SB 1300TL-10, SB 1600TL-10, SB 2100TL
- New locations: Islamabad (Pakistan); Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
Changes in Version 2.21
- When displaying project documentation there is also a page on self-consumption available now.
- PV arrays can now have up to 500,000 modules.
- If the number of strings on one input exceeds the number of inverter connections, information to this effect is displayed in the overview.
- A minimum of 4 mm2 is now recommended for DC cable cross-sections in the cable dimensioning section.
- Improved design recommendations through optimized ranking in the profitability evaluation process.
- If there is no maximum unbalanced load stored for a location, the "Consider max. unbalanced load" check box is no longer pre-selected.
- When testing for too-low string voltages, only a yellow warning is displayed now if the minimum PV voltage is lower than the minimum MPP voltage of the inverter at grid nominal voltage.
- The yield calculation has been improved for PV arrays with tilt tracking.
- A problem when accessing no longer existing network drives during Sunny Design start-up has been resolved.
- New inverters: SC 500CP-US, SC 630CP-US, SC 720CP-US, SC 750CP-US, SC 800CP-US, SC 500CP-JP
- New locations: Esbjerg, Odense (Denmark)
- Improved meteorological data is now used for certain locations. As a result of this the energy yield prognosis and the calculated optimum nominal power ratio can differ from the previous version.
(Europe: Athens, Bologna, Bordeaux, Crete, Freiburg, Geneva, Koper, Leipzig/Halle, London, Marseille, Moscow, Murcia, Ostrava, Oviedo, Pamplona, Paris, Salonika, Seville, Timisoara, Tripoli, Valencia, Vienna.
Africa: Algiers, Central Africa.
Asia: Beersheba, Chandigarh, Chennai, Chiang Mai, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lhasa, Mumbai, Nagano, New Delhi, Riyadh, Singapore.
North America: Regina, Santo Domingo.
South America: Belém, Cayenne, Guayaquil.
Oceania: Port Moresby)
Changes in Version 2.20
- The Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG) 2012 taken into account for plant designs in Germany. Optional use of the 70% limiting.
- Generation of design proposals with several inverter types
- Automatic plant design
- Evaluation of design proposals according to yield or profitability
- Plant-specific calculation of the optimum nominal power ratio
- Central display with design information
- Possibility to compare design alternatives
- Augmented project documentation and plant overview
- Import of own load profiles and meteorological data
- Option of activating/deactivating information dialogs
- Advanced setting options
Changes in Version 2.11
- An error during the program start of Sunny Design (message "Input string was not in a correct format") has been corrected. This occurred under certain regional Windows settings.
- A layout problem in the project documentation has been corrected.
- The display of the information on VDE-AR-N 4105 has been improved.
- The unit of degradation has been corrected in the module information.
- During grid connection, switching from medium voltage to low voltage has been improved.
- The documentation is now available in all supported languages.
- 12 new locations in Japan, Australia and Oceania have been added.
Changes in Version 2.10
- Component for determining the possible self-consumption of PV energy for home owners and commercial consumers
- The German directive "Generating plants on the low-voltage grid" (VDE-AR-N 4105) is optionally taken into account when designing PV plants in Germany.
- New navigation bar
- Additional configuration options for the grid connection of the inverters, e.g. specified voltage tolerance and displacement power factor
- Extension of the design suggestions by print function and help dialog
- Project documentation with new layout and images of the inverters used
- New inverters:
- Sunny Boy 3300-11, Sunny Boy 3800-11,
- Sunny Boy 3000/4000/5000TL-21
- Sunny Mini Central 4600/5000/6000A-11
- Numerous new countries and locations
- Database update with new PV modules
Changes in version 2.01
- The maximum number of strings per inverter input was increased from 999 to 5,000
- In some languages the texts were modified in order to improve the layout of the application and project documentation
- Issuing the project documentation does now also work for projects with very long PV array names
- In the module data display the values are now shown correctly
- Several problems were solved when adding a new PV module
SUNNY DESIGN 3.10.2 - Komplettversion inklusive aller Standorte / complete package including all locations
Type: PC Software
Document number: SDesign-184.108.40.206_Internet
Version number: 220.127.116.11
SUNNY DESIGN - Simplified system design made easy
Type: Data sheet
Language: English (US)
Document number: SUNNYDESIGN-DUS122510
Version number: 1.0