- you expressly authorize SMA to do so,
- it is necessary to allow SMA’s service providers, agents, or other third parties to provide products or services for or to SMA,
- it is necessary in order to provide the System or the Services,
- SMA is sending you other information that may be useful to you,
- subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, it is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on SMA’s behalf or to other entities with whom SMA has joint marketing agreements,
- it is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of your records,
- it is necessary in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, verifying identity, age, and/or payment details, investigating complaints about the System, risk assessment, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, marketing, customer purchasing preferences and trends and dispute resolution,
- it is necessary to comply with law enforcement, governmental mandate, or other legal requirement, if appropriate, for your protection or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of possible unlawful activity;
- subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, it is necessary in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of SMA or the merger of SMA into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which SMA is not the survivor, or
- it is otherwise necessary for SMA to disclose it as required or permitted by law.
Cookies and Usage Reports
Upon request, we will be happy to share with you the personal data we have stored about you. You have the right at all times to withdraw your consent to storage and use of your data with future effect. Please address questions about SMA, or about the storing, processing and deletion of your personal data, to:
SMA Solar Technology AG
Data Protection Officer
How Can I Opt-Out of Promotional Correspondence?
We may send you emails with promotional offers only if you opt-in to receiving such emails. If you would no longer like to receive information, newsletters or other promotional messages from us, please click the link at the bottom of any such email you receive from us and follow the instructions. Your email address will be removed from our marketing list. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request.
Any personal data you provide us when applying for a career position with our SMA will be used solely to consider and act upon your application. We may retain your personal data for a period of time, but only for as long as necessary for such purposes. We may disclose your personal data to our agents for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position you applied for, or other available positions.
How Do We Protect Personal Data Collected About You?
The System is intended for a general audience and is not intended for use or view by children under 13 years of age without parental consent, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using the System. Furthermore, we may restrict entries to any contests, sweepstakes or promotions to entrants who are at least 18 years of age. For children under the age of 13 to participate in a trip or activity offered through the System, such child’s parent or guardian must provide the information necessary for that child to participate in such trip or activity.
Do Not Track Requests
California Privacy Rights
Data Subject Rights – California Residents
If you do, we will need to collect personal data and other information such as your name, email or transaction history in order to verify your identity. You may also authorize an agent to make a request on your behalf, who will need to provide similar information for verification.
Right to Deletion of Personal Data
California residents have the right to request the deletion of personal data as prescribed in Section 1798.105(a) of the CCPA. SMA may not delete some or all requested personal data as required or allowed by applicable law.
Right of Access: Right to Request Disclosure of Data Collection and Sharing Practices
You may request to receive details about how we collect, use, and share your personal data. You may request to receive the specific pieces of personal data that we have collected about you.
You may also request to receive:
- the categories of personal data that we have collected about you,
- the categories of personal data that we have disclosed for a business purpose,
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal data,
- our purposes for collecting that personal data, and
- the categories of parties with whom we share your personal data.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale
We do not, and do not intend to, sell your personal data.
Right to not be Discriminated Against for Exercising CCPA Rights
We do not discriminate against you for exercising any CCPA rights, such as the access and deletion rights described above. If we choose to offer a product enhancement or financial incentive that is contingent on you sharing personal data, we will ensure that the value provided to us by that collection is reasonably related to the value of the product enhancement or financial incentive.
Other Notice to California Residents